The surface preparation of steel before external coating application is the foundation of any corrosion control programme. Any compromise made in the degree of surface preparation will usually compromise the field joint coating performance, regardless of the technical quality of the field joint coating explains Dr JF Doddema, CEO of the Monti-Group.
- Hempel inaugurates state-of-the-art production facilities in China
- Selektope keeps hull of world’s largest non-governmental hospital ship barnacle-free
- Making the solution fit the need
- Nordica comes in from the cold for a fresh coat of durable paint
- AkzoNobel says it will help shipowners save $100k a year